VMFA Studio School
COVID-19 Safety & Cleaning Protocols
- Masks are required inside of the Studio School building at all times. Faculty will wear masks or face shields.
- Class sizes have been reduced with no more than 10 students in a class and will be asked to practice social distancing. Enrollment limits are listed in the class catalog and website for each class.
- A hand sanitizing station is available at the check-in desk and hand sanitizer is available in all restrooms, classrooms and studios. Wipes are also provided and students will be asked to wipe their working areas at the end of each class.
- VMFA Housekeeping Staff will clean studios and restrooms daily.
- VMFA Housekeeping Staff will remove trash from studios, classrooms and restrooms daily.
- For safety, all water fountains at VMFA are out of service. Students are encouraged to bring bottled water from home.
- If an instructor is unable to teach a class due to illness, VMFA may find a substitute or cancel the class, which will be made-up. If a cancellation occurs, participants will be notified as soon as possible.
- No one should attend a class if they feel sick. If students or faculty can answer YES to one or more of the following questions, they should not report to class:
- A new fever (100.4°F or higher) or a sense of having a fever?
- A new cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- New shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- New chills that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- A new sore throat that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- New muscle aches (myalgia) that cannot be attributed to another health condition or
- specific activity (such as physical exercise)?
- Have you lost your sense of smell and/or taste due to an unknown cause?
- Contact with someone in the past 14 days with suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
- Depending on COVID-19 numbers and state regulations, onsite class options may be cancelled. Should that occur, students will receive a refund.