Final Deadline: Sep 15, 2017
Click to Apply
All applicants will be notified of decision by Sep 27, 2017
In addition to your application form, please submit a written statement and letter of recommendation (not a family member) of the following:
Writing Sample – Required
Your writing sample should be in response to the following prompt. Keep the helpful writing tips below in mind:
• Carefully read and follow all directions.
• Do not exceed the maximum word-count.
• Be straightforward and confident
• Proofread your work
Prompt: Submit an archive proposal (500–1,000 words)
2. What is the theme or topic of your archive? (Materials by one artist may be a topic.)
3. What are the objectives of your archive? What kind of media will you use to develop this archive and how will people view that archive?
4. How will you construct the archive from scratch? Do you plan to use interactive or participatory elements?
Teacher Recommendations – Required
Choose a teacher who is able to provide details about you that include:
• Performance as a student
• Aptitude and industriousness
• Maturity and seriousness of purpose
• Level of commitment and ability to follow through
• Leadership abilities and/or experience
Copy and share this link to your teacher for online submission of teacher recommendations: https://vmfa.formstack.com/forms/teen_programs_recommendation_form
A portfolio consists of three works in the following media:
1. Graphic Design
2. Drawing/ Illustration/Painting
3. 3-D Rendering
4. Time Based media
Applicants may submit their work digitally by uploading it to the appropriate boxes below. Individual files should be in JPEG (.jpg) format with file sizes not exceeding 1 MB each. Time-based work should be submitted below as a web link to Youtube, Vimeo or Soundcloud. Original and printed works of art will not be accepted.
For information about the program, visit M.LiT: Museum Leaders in Training or contact:
Dr. Vaughn Garland