The Statewide Partnership Program is open to independent, organized, and permanently established non-profit institutions in Virginia, including schools. These organizations must maintain open membership, have a mission that is educational or aesthetic in purpose, and provide open access to programs and exhibitions provided by VMFA.
VMFA offers four types of partnerships.
Partnership Levels & Benefits
Level I – Educational Partnerships
Available to all K – 12 public and private schools and home-school organizations.
- Access to partner resource website pages including Virginia Standards of Learning resources and images from VMFA’s permanent collection, PowerPoint presentations, lesson plans, and streaming content
Click here to explore all of the resources available to you.
Level II – Educational Partnerships
Available to all K–12 public and private schools and home-school organizations.
- Artist Workshops (Partner Discount)
- Speakers on the Arts (Partner Discount)
- Educator Workshops (Partner Discounts)
- VMFA Library Resources
- All Level One benefits
Click here for more details on becoming an Educational Partner.
Level III – Community Partnerships
Available to non-profit community-based organizations such as art centers, galleries, and Level Two organizations.
- VMFA Library resources
- Access to VMFA Fellowship winners’ listing for potential exhibitions
- Opportunities to share exhibitions from other partner institutions
- Access to full range of technical assistance
- VMFA Library expanded resources
- Subscription to myVMFA
- All Level One and Two benefits
Click here for more details on becoming a Community Partner.
Level IV – Museum Partnerships
Available to nonprofit entities such as art centers, galleries, associations, libraries, senior homes, pre-schools, historic sites, churches, and hospitals.
- Access to VMFA permanent collection, including opportunities to curate from the collection as well as to accept VMFA traveling permanent collection exhibitions
- Library resources include access to rare books for exhibition
- All Level One, Two, and Three benefits
Click here for more details on becoming a Museum Partner.