VMFA members who join at the Friends ($150) level and higher enjoy reciprocal benefits through both the North American Reciprocal Museum Program (NARM) and Reciprocal Organization of Associated Museums (ROAM) reciprocal membership programs (Listed below).
VMFA members who join at the Supporters ($300) level and higher enjoy increased reciprocal benefits which include the Metropolitan Reciprocal Membership Program in addition to NARM and ROAM.
The Metropolitan’s Reciprocal Membership Program offers reciprocity at 17 major, metropolitan museums:
• Carnegie Museum of Art
• Carnegie Museum of Natural History
• The Andy Warhol Museum
• Corcoran Gallery of Art
• Dallas Museum of Art
• Denver Art Museum
• The Detroit Institute of Arts
• Indianapolis Museum of Art
• Los Angeles County Museum of Art
• The Metropolitan Museum of Art
• The Minneapolis Institute of Arts
• Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
• Philadelphia Museum of Art
• The Seattle Art Museum
• Seattle Asian Art Museum
• The Toledo Museum of Art
• Wadsworth Atheneum
What does it mean to have reciprocal benefits?
When visiting any of the participating institutions, members with reciprocal privileges receive:
• Free admission
• Discounts on purchases in the art and book shops (excludes online sales)
• Discounts on tickets for programs and events (excludes online purchases)
• Free admission to special exhibitions where an advance ticket is not required.
• Admission to members’ previews where an advance ticket is not required
Note: Some special exhibitions and events may have restrictions. Please contact the institution prior to your arrival for specific details.