There are many opportunities within the Museum for Council members to volunteer their time and talents.
Interact with VMFA Visitors & Members
- Ask Me Ambassadors. Greet visitors, check coats/parcels and take tickets
- Event Ambassadors. Greet, usher and distribute tickets, programs or surveys.
- Member Event Ambassadors. Support special events offered after 5 pm, Monday
- Membership Assistants. Make courtesy calls to new and renewing VMFA members
- Museum Ambassadors. Assist with Wi-Fi access, audio guides and way-finding.
- School Group Greeters. Make introductions, talk with educators and direct to
Support VMFA Staff
- Early Childhood Education Program Assistants. Assist with check-in, group activities and
chaperoning outside class area. (Note: Children are 3 months to 5 years).
- Fleurs de Loo. Place new floral arrangements in public restrooms and remove older ones.
- Gallery Care Assistants. Assist in maintaining VMFA’s permanent gallery exhibits.
- Hirschler Flower Volunteers. Design and assemble a large floral arrangement for atrium.
- Sales Floor Assistants. Assist with shop customers and events.
- Sculpture Garden Volunteers. Assist VMFA horticulturist with maintaining garden.
- Youth & Family Art Studio Assistants. Assist with materials, art activities and logistics.
The Council works with VMFA to identify needs and develop volunteer opportunities. Different opportunities may be available when you join The Council.