The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) has an exciting position available for a qualified individual as our Videographer.
The Videographer is responsible for producing, capturing, and editing creative video packages to communicate the story of VMFA, to increase visibility and awareness of VMFA programs, to enhance the Museum staff’s ability to increase earned and contributed income, and to encourage a greater understanding of the Museum’s mission. The selected candidate will also assist in the development and deployment of interactive online media strategies that promote public engagement and deeper understanding of and appreciation for the Museum.
The VMFA is a state-supported, privately endowed educational institution created for the benefit of the citizens of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Its purpose is to collect, preserve, exhibit, and interpret art, to encourage the study of the arts, and thus to enrich the lives of all. As one of the world’s finest museums and one of the largest comprehensive art museums in the United States, the VMFA is the only art museum in the United States open 365 days a year with free general admission. This salaried, non-exempt position offers Commonwealth of Virginia employee benefits such as 12 paid holidays, health benefits and more. VMFA staff also enjoy agency benefits such as free admission to special exhibitions, previews of special exhibitions, employee pricing for select museum programs and classes, and discounts at Amuse Restaurant, Best Café, and VMFA Shop. This is a full time, classified, non-exempt position.
- Ability to orchestrate strong and compelling narratives through sophisticated video production and creative storytelling.
- Possess a strong sense of design and an ability to create compelling and visually interesting compositions.
- Expertise in operating video cameras, D-SLRs, and various types of lighting and sound recording equipment.
- Experience with studio and field-based video production.
- Experience with sound mixing and editing, various non-linear editing software packages, and motion graphics.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess problem-solving skills, and work both independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to organize and complete projects on time with attention to detail from conception to completion.
- Ability to work overtime, evening, holidays or weekend hours as needed.
- Ability to use fine and gross motor skills; hand and finger dexterity; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Media Production, Communications and Media, Film and Video Production or related field preferred.
- Extensive experience working with professional videography and sound equipment.
- Experience with creating a storyboard and script writing preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a corporate or cultural heritage video production environment.
As a part of your application, applicants must submit a link to their online portfolio of relevant work samples. Please call special attention to works in which you have had sole responsibility for production.
Please upload any relevant collateral documentation under the “Other Documents” option on the Commonwealth of Virginia Online State Application.
The selected candidate must pass a criminal history background check.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Online applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on July 12, 2020.
Please contact the HR office by phone at (804) 340-1485 if you need assistance. Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is an EEO/AA, Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer.
Click here to apply for this position: