$550.00 SIGN-ON BONUS!
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) is seeking a capable culinary professional to join the Food Service & Events Department as an Amuse Line Cook.
Amuse Restaurant is a contemporary fine dining restaurant overlooking the Robins Sculpture Garden, featuring an innovative menu and fresh, local ingredients. Just like the works of art in the museum and on the walls of Amuse, visitors delight in new masterpiece dishes and cocktails.
Diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of what we do at Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
and we are committed to upholding these values in our retail and foodservice operations. As an extension of the museum’s mission to enrich the lives of all, our Enterprise Operations are passionately dedicated to opening the museum’s doors to people from all backgrounds, including all races, ethnicities, genders and abilities.
This is a non-exempt position without benefits, scheduled to work up to approximately 28 hours per week on average and up to 1,450 hours annually (May 1 – April 30).
This position offers various Commonwealth of Virginia employee benefits such as free
admission to special exhibitions, previews of special exhibitions, employee pricing for
select museum programs and classes, as well as discounts in Amuse Restaurant, the
Best Café and the VMFA shop.
- Prepare food to the chef de cuisine’s specifications as well as assisting kitchen staff with daily tasks.
- Preparing fresh foods during morning and afternoon prep times.
- Setting up and stocking stations with necessary supplies.
- Cooking menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff as well as making sure menu items are served in a timely manner.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Maintain up to date ServSafe certification.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions and comprehend complex recipes.
- Knowledge of basic knife skills, chopping, and sautéing, grilling and food prep.
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Good oral communication and customer service skills.
- Team player as well as the ability to work alongside coworkers safely and in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a face paced, high volume kitchen area.
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Prior line cook experience in a fast-paced, fine dining restaurant or hotel.
- Experience working with professional kitchen equipment.
- ServSafe certification.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Disclosure of vaccination status will be required during new employee orientation on your first day of work. If you are not vaccinated for any reason or choose not to disclose your vaccination status, you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 once a week as long as ED#18 is in effect.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Interested individuals must submit an online application. Position is open until 11:59 p.m. on October 25, 2021.
Please contact the HR office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. VMFA is an EEO/AA and Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer.
Click here to apply for this position: