$500.00 SIGN-ON BONUS!
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to join the Food Service and Events Department as Best Café Staff.
The Best Café is a fast-casual restaurant open daily for lunch and Wednesday-Friday evenings for dinner. With events such as Dominion Energy Jazz Café and Happy Hour on Friday evenings, the Best Café is a popular destination among visitors.
Diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of what we do at Virginia Museum of Fine Arts
and we are committed to upholding these values in our retail and foodservice operations. As an extension of the museum’s mission to enrich the lives of all, our Enterprise Operations are passionately dedicated to opening the museum’s doors to
people from all backgrounds, including all races, ethnicities, genders and abilities.
This is a non-exempt position without benefits, scheduled to work up to approximately 28 hours per week on average and up to 1,450 hours annually (May 1 – April 30). This position offers various Commonwealth of Virginia employee benefits such as free admission to special exhibitions, previews of special exhibitions, employee pricing for select museum programs and classes, as well as discounts in Amuse Restaurant, the Best Café and the VMFA shop.
- Bussing and clearing tables.
- Communicating and providing customer service to guests.
- Becoming familiar with the menu, serving food to guests, managing daily inventory and restocking supplies in café back-of-house.
- Acting as cashier.
- Gaining knowledge of the museum and providing information to guests.
- Ability to communicate in an appropriate professional manner with customers and other employees.
- Ability to operate the point-of-sale register system, including processing credit card and cash transactions.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow menus and instructions.
- Ability to lift, carry, deliver items weighing up to 50 pounds throughout an eight hour shift.
- Ability to stand and walk continually throughout an eight hour shift.
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach.
- Ability to attend work as scheduled, working various schedules and shifts throughout normal business hours.
- Previous retail or food service experience.
- TIPS, RSVP, or SERVSAFE certification a plus.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Disclosure of vaccination status will be required during new employee orientation on your first day of work. If you are not vaccinated for any reason or choose not to disclose your vaccination status, you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 once a week as long as ED#18 is in effect.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Interested individuals must submit an online application. Position is open until 11:59 p.m. on October 25, 2021.
Please contact the HR office at email@example.com if you need assistance. VMFA is an EEO/AA and Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer.
Click here to apply for this position: