$750.00 SIGN-ON BONUS!
The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) is seeking skilled service professionals that excel in a fast-paced workplace to join the Food Service & Events Department as Event Staff.
Diversity and inclusivity are at the heart of what we do at Virginia Museum of Fine Arts and we are committed to upholding these
values in our retail and foodservice operations. As an extension of the museum’s mission to enrich the lives of all, our Enterprise Operations are passionately dedicated to opening the museum’s doors to people from all backgrounds, including all races, ethnicities, genders and abilities.
This is a non-exempt position without benefits, scheduled to work about 28 hours per week on average and up to 1,450 hours annually (May 1 – April 30).
Event Staff duties include:
- Accommodate all guests during a function while remaining professional, engaged and motivated.
- Must be able to anticipate the needs of guests and respond to their requests in a polite manner.
- Good communication skills is imperative, not only with guests but colleagues as well.
- Set up and break down event areas and serve and replenish food stations.
- Prepare the event space, by draping tables, setting linen and accessories and work as team players to get the whole job complete.
- Support other event-related activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate a professional demeanor with guests and other employees.
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow basic floor plans, menus and instructions.
- Ability to remain calm, professional and gracious in a fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and appearance during events.
- Ability to be prompt and punctual to scheduled shifts.
- Ability to use fine and gross motor skills; finger and hand dexterity; reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear; and taste and smell.
- Ability to stand or walk for up to 10 hours.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Previous food service experience, particularly in fine dining or special events.
- Knowledge of fine dining, beer, wine and food is also preferred.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Disclosure of vaccination status will be required during new employee orientation on your first day of work. If you are not vaccinated for any reason or choose not to disclose your vaccination status, you will be required to be tested for COVID-19 once a week as long as ED#18 is in effect.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Interested individuals must submit an online application. Position is open until 11:59 p.m. on October 25, 2021.
Please contact the HR office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. VMFA is an EEO/AA and Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer.
Click here to apply for this position: