The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (VMFA) is seeking a dedicated administrative professional that excels in a fast-moving, deadline driven workplace to join the Exhibition Planning department as an Administrative Coordinator.
The Administrative Coordinator reports to the Senior Director of Exhibition Planning and assists with critical administrative duties related to exhibition management, exhibition design and production, publications, curatorial travel and special projects.
- Manages highly active calendar for Senior Director of Exhibition Planning
- Schedules and sets up meetings, coordinates audio visual and other necessary logistics, and is point of contact for guests.
- Draft meeting agendas, and attends meetings to take recap notes for staff distribution and action-items for follow-up.
- Tracks and facilitates purchasing for the Exhibition Planning department. Initiates eVA purchases for office supplies, furniture, or special orders for departmental needs. Enters contracts into eVA, facilitates payment disbursement, tracks and communicates regularly with project administrators on contract status and vendor management issues.
- Supports other exhibition-related purchases as assigned.
- Coordinates and facilitates all travel logistics for Exhibitions Planning department and others as assigned, including budget approval and expense reimbursement. Prepares pre and post travel documentation for approvals and reconciliation.
- Acts as backup to the Director’s Office in times of need.
- Assists Senior Director with special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledgeable about finance, budget management, procurement of goods and services, working with contracts, invoicing and reconciliation.
- Ability to anticipate business needs.
- Ability to maintain efficient and streamlined workflow practices.
- Ability to maintain meticulous files and accurate records.
- Ability to be accurate, project and deadline-driven.
- Proactive with a professional demeanor.
- Takes initiative, seeks answers independently requiring little supervision.
- Takes ownership of work and influences best practices within the department.
- Positive mindset regardless of task.
- Responds in an open and receptive manner to changes in the work environment or work demands.
- Flexibility with work hours; ability to provide occasionally extended hours of service, including evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent applicable experience or training.
- Prior administrative experience in a government agency, museum or cultural arts organization.
- Prior experience with eVA, Virginia’s online electronic procurement system.
- Knowledgeable about Small, Women and Minority-owned Business (SWaM) and microSWaM objectives.
- Appreciation of art, art history or design.
- Prior project management systems experience (Basecamp, Asana) or similar systems.
Selected candidates must pass a criminal history background check.
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Online applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on January 14, 2021.
Please contact the HR office at email@example.com if you need assistance. Virginia Museum of Fine Arts is an EEO/AA, Virginia Values Veterans (V3) Certified Employer.
Click here to apply for this position: